Jan 30, 2013

Zürich trip

Zürich is the largest city of Switzerland. It is situated on the banks of Lake Zürich and is divided by the Limmat river. Above the city rises the Ueltiberg mountain which was natural barrier for the glacier in the last glacial age and it created the Zürich valley as well as Zürich lake.Nowadays, Zürich is the center of soft industry, banking and entertainment. 

My train was planned to arrive to the Zürich Haupt Bahnhof at 9am and as the train was approaching its final stop Sun was just rising from behind the mighty alpine mountain range. It was spectacular view because all the sky was covered by dark clound, there was just a little of clear sky directly above the Alp which rising Sun coloured to the golden. I tried to capture this when I reached the top of the Uetliberg, my first stop.


Uetliberg is a great spot for picnic in summer and for hiking along the eastern bank of the lake with beautiful views. In winter it is very cold place because of cold winds from Alps which I experienced on my own. I better returned back down to the city and I started my city tour on the Zürich`s luxuriest street Bahnhofstrasse. This street begins directly in front of main station and leads to the lake. This street is place of the luxury - the world`s most famous boutiques, jewelery and swiss watches and the place of the banks. The biggest Switzerland banks have their headquarters here and under ground level they preserve huge amount of gold. This street is compared to Champs Elysees, Fifth Avenue or London's Bond Street.


Along the street there are multiple landmarks worth of visiting, here is just a short list:
Peters Platz
Augustinergasse
Frau münster and Münster Brücke


No comments:

Post a Comment